Have you seen the signs? Several yard signs are popping up in some Goshen High School students' yards after 18 students earned a perfect 5 on their Advanced Placement exams.
The scores were just released and 28 AP exams received score of a 5 during the 2022-23 school year. Students who earned these top scores -- some on multiple tests -- were honored with a surprise visit from the GHS staff who delivered an #APWarriorUp to celebrate their success.
Overall, GHS had 137 passing scores of a 3, 4, or 5 on AP Exams. Scores of 3 or above on AP exams often counts as college credit in the tested subject.
Students scoring a 5 are:
- Julia Allgeyer: Biology, Calculus and Environmental Science
- Aiden Bryant: English Literature and Modern World History
- Brianna Cornelius: English Literature
- Ben Edwards: Psychology
- Yemili Espinosa-Ley: US Government and Politics
- Allison Forsythe: English Literature and Psychology
- Matthew Hansford: Environmental Science, Music Non-Aural and US Government and Politics
- Allison Helferich: Psychology
- Madeline Lengyel: English Literature and Psychology
- Brooklyn Lewis: Psychology
- Max Lowry: Music Non-Aural
- Hailey Mulvihill: Calculus, English Literature and Statistics
- Allison Paprocki: US Government and Politics
- Nathan Paprocki: Calculus and Statistics
- Faith Pitts: US History
- Skylar Reeves: Calculus
- Maranda Royal: US History
- Kylie Zook: English Language
In addition, 28 Goshen High School Students received distinction from the College Board in regard to their AP test scores.
Eight students were awarded the highest recognition, AP Scholar with Distinction. They received an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams. AP Scholars with Distinction were Julia Allgeyer, Aiden Bryant, Brianna Cornelius, Ethan Lengyel, Madeline Lengyel, Hailey Mulvihill, Nathan Paprocki and Faith Pitts.
Four students were granted the second highest recognition, AP Scholar with Honor. They received an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams. AP Scholars with Honor were Matthew Hansford, Allison Helferich, Mikayla Main and Elle Pyott.
Sixteen students were recognized as AP Scholars. They received scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams. AP Scholars were James Deemer, MacKenzie Dobbs, Ben Edwards, Giselle Espinosa-Ley, Joshua Healey, Eric Jeandrevin, Brooklyn Lewis, Erin Meyer, Heidy Palafox, Allison Paprocki, Skylar Reeves, Baylee Rutherford, Vivian Slagle, Grant Steele, Carly Treadway and Kylie Zook.