Welcome to the Library!
My name is Emily Slagle and I am the District Library Media Specialist. I have the opportunity to split my time every day between GMS in the morning and GHS in the afternoon. This is my 18th year working in Goshen. Prior to working in the library, I taught 7th and 8th grade social studies at GMS. I am a proud Goshen Alumni, class of 1998, and my husband, Mark Slagle, also works for the district as the Director of Technology. We have three small children we plan to see one day graduate from Goshen!
Bachelor Degree, Integrated Social Studies, grades 7-12 - Miami University
Masters Degree, Educational Technology/Library Media - Indiana State University
Gifted Endorsement - University of Cincinnati
The mission of the Goshen Local School Library Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners. This mission will be accomplished by:
- providing intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media that is easily accessible
- stimulating interest in reading and in finding and using information and ideas
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching
- supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives
- Students can borrow materials for two (2) weeks
- Students can borrow up to two (2) books and one (1) magazine at a time
- Students can renew materials one (1) time
- Fines will incur fines at a rate of $.10 a day for each day an item is late
- GMS Library accepts current box tops in lieu of cash payment for missing/lost or late material