National Honor Society
Members, submit your monthly volunteer report here! Volunteer Hours report
Monthly meeting notes are located in the right column. Thanks for your support.
Upcoming events include the following:
Our help at the Dragonfly on the Court game on January 14, 2020, at GHS to support the Dragonfly Foundation raised almost $1,300!
Ongoing projects all year:
Please continue to collect and bring in pull tabs from canned foods and canned beverages for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Cincinnati! We collected thirty-seven and a half pounds of pull tabs in the 2018-2019 school year. One pound equals 1,600 pull tabs. RMH recycles the pull tabs and funds families staying at RMH while a sick child is cared for at Children's Hospital. Let's top this total this school year! Please click the link to learn other ways to help RMH of Greater Cincinnati. Ronald McDonald House of Greater Cincinnati
We are still collecting used mascara wands for a charity that uses the wands to clean wildlife. Please click the link for the Appalachian Wildlife Refuge for more information. We sent eighty-two wands in the 2018-2019 school year. Appalachian Wildlife Refuge.
NHS now recycles used markers, highlighters, and dry erase markers of any brand through the Crayola ColorCycle program. Send all used markers of any type or brand to Mrs. Deuer at GHS via interoffice mail or drop in the main office. We will package and ship all markers to Crayola's processing facility in Pennsylvania and keep all those markers out of the landfills.
** Remaining meetings for the 2019-2020 academic year are as follows:
February 5th March 4th April 1st May 6th
Past projects this academic year:
We raised $253.25 for the League for Animal Welfare selling candy canes just before semester exams.
We raised $326.65 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Events from past academic years:
We raised $970 for The Dragonfly Foundation at the home track meet and a basketball game. The Dragonfly Foundation
We raised $180 for Spencer Park Aviary and Wildlife Center through our painting and sale of birdhouses, wooden dogs, and wooden bones.Spencer Park Aviary
We held our fifth annual lemonade stand for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation We raised $120 for ALSF. You can donate at this link: Goshen High School ALSF page
Thanks for your support! Through our candy gram sale, we raised $129 for Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society
Thank you to all participants of the canned food drive. We collected over 500 cans which were delivered to the Goshen United Methodist Church food pantry. Congrats to Mrs. Grimmett's first bell, Mr. Seifert's first bell, and Ms. Keish's first bell for winning in the class categories.
We collected forty pair of socks and $92.50 for the Goshen Grads Give Back program which unites Goshen graduates to help the homeless.
We raised $116 and eighty pairs of socks for The Center for Respite Care. Thank you to Ms. Wilder for helping at our Sock the Court game on February 3rd. We also collected a box full of dry goods for CRC's food pantry.
We raised $798.65 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through our coin bank coin collections!
Thank you to all those who sold or purchased Busken products! We raised $585 for Isaiah House Ministries, a food bank in northern Kentucky.
We donated gloves, hats, scarves, and mittens to the mitten tree project at the Clermont County Public Library. All donations are given to a local homeless shelter and the House of Peace, a battered women's shelter in Clermont County. Please see the picture of our donation in the rotating slides below.
We sold 113 gallons of McAlister's tea for our Tea for Tommy fundraiser. We raised $282.50 for the Simpkins family. Thank you for your support!
We sold painted, wooden dogs and dog bones to benefit Harlequin Haven, a Great Dane rescue in Bethel. We raised $188 for HHGDR! Thanks for your support.
We walked in the March for Babies and raised $1,900 this year! We have raised over $22,400 in the twelve years we have participated. Thanks for your support!
Thank you for your support of Angel's Rest Animal Sanctuary. Mrs. Deuer delivered a trunk full of dog food, cat toys, and cleaning supplies to Angel's Rest. Please click the link in the below list to help this worthwhile animal charity.
We raised $78.51 for Dogs on Deployment at a recent basketball game. This organization aids military members in boarding their pets when they are deployed. Please click to learn how to help this organization: Dogs on Deployment
Here's a list of our past service projects. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
- We raised just over $22,000 total for the March of Dimes.
- We shipped 83.5 pounds of candy, toothbrushes and toothpaste to Operation Gratitude in Van Nuys, California, to support their care package assembly program.
- We raised funds the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- We raised $153.50 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund.
- We collected toys for Toys for Tots.
- We donated the donations for gift wrapping at a local bookstore to the House of Peace, a battered women's shelter in Clermont County.
- Our children's book drive collected over 500 books for the Half Pint Library at Children's Hospital! Thanks for your support!
- We sold candy grams to offset the medical costs of baby Ava, a hospitalized infant of a local family. We raised $116 to become part of Ava's Army.
- We have collected, cut, and mailed about one hundred pounds of grocery coupons to Coups for Troops.
- donated 35 pounds of popcorn, DVDs, powdered drink mixes, and candy to Take a Soldier to the Movies
- donated $100 to Victory Junction Gang Camp
- completed yard work for elderly citizens of Goshen
- constructed good luck on the OGT grams for sophomores
- donated to the USO
- adopted a needy family in Goshen
- donated to SPCA Cincinnati through bake sales
- raised funds and walked for ALS
- collected shoes for the Nike Reuse a Shoe recycling campaign
- mailed 28 pounds of crayons to Crazy Crayons for recycling
- raised funds for the Susan G. Komen Foundation
We raised enough money to purchase a brick in the brick walk at the Victory Junction Gang Camp, a camp located in Randelman, North Carolina, that services terminally ill children. The camp directors sent us a picture of the brick. Please click the link below for more information about VJGC.
We also collect Tyson Project A+ Labels for Education. Each label is worth $.24. Please click the link for more information. Tyson Project A+
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Here's a link to the national foundation:
The NHS National Constitution can be found here:
Websites of the charities we support or have supported in the past: