Classes & Scheduling
COURSE REGISTRATION BOOK AND SCHEDULING MATERIALS:
- Students will begin the scheduling process on Monday, March 1st. Here is a timeline of events for the process:
- Monday 3/1: Students receive scheduling materials either from Advisory teacher or through email (for virtual students). Scheduling materials include their Class Selection Forms, with teacher recommendations, transcript, and AP potential letters if they apply
- Monday 3/1: Virtual Parent/Student Scheduling Information Session from 6:30-7:30. Students have this Google Meet code in their scheduling instructions document that was sent to their email.
- 3/2-3/5: Students use time during Advisory bell to make class selections and discuss these selections with parents at home.
- 3/8-3/11: Students enter course requests online during the school day or at home through a Google Form for virtual learners.
- August 2021: Schedules will be viewable on Progressbook and hard copies can be picked up during Open House.
GHS CAREER CLUSTERS CARDS
These 7 cards represent 7 different Career Clusters. Each Career Cluster examines recommended core and elective courses as well as example careers at 3 different pathways - College, 2-year College/Career Technical School, and Career/Workforce. Students should use these cards to help make educated decisions about the classes they select based on their future plans and pathway.
Information about Advanced Placement Courses:
Taking an Advanced Placement (AP) course? Interested in seeing how many credits you will earn for your AP score at various colleges or universities? Use the link below to search colleges and how many credits they will award based on certain scores!