Welcome to the Goshen High School Guidance page! We hope you will find lots of valuable information on this page to help your high school student find success in high school and beyond! If you need to contact us for any reason please see the staff link with email addresses and phone numbers.
Our Guidance Department:
Mrs. Kerri Mantz: Grades 11 - 12 Guidance Counselor
Mrs. Kelly Royal: Grades 9 - 10 Guidance Counselor
Mr. Scott Mohler: College Planning/Financial Aid Advisor
Mrs. Margie Hadley: Guidance Secretary
8TH GRADE TOUR INFORMATION:
- Please check the link below with the slideshow from the 8th grade tour!
NEED A TRANSCRIPT?
Goshen High School uses a transcript request online service called Parchment. Please click the blue box to the right which says "Order Records" with the link to Parchment to place a transcript request. You will set up an account and can order transcripts and have them sent to your desired location. This form of transcript request is for all current students as well as Goshen High School alumni.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GREAT OAKS CAMPUSES?
Please click on the tab to the right to learn more about the Great Oaks campuses, programs offered, and the process for applying for current sophomores.
- Student should have applications for Great Oaks completed by February 6th as this is when they will begin placing students into labs
- Open House for Scarlet Oaks and Live Oaks will be on Thursday, February 1st from 5:30-7:00 pm at the respective campuses (see attached flyer)
SCHEDULING FOR 2018-2019 INFORMATION:
- DRAFT Schedules for 2018-2019 will be handed out to students the week of May 21st. The schedules may change slightly before the beginning of the next school year but FINAL schedules will be handed out on Wednesday, August 15th during Freshman Orientation or Open House for upper classmen.
- If there is a schedule conflict (a class that is listed but not assigned to a bell) or there are open bells with no classes then parents can schedule an appointment to meet with guidance (dates listed on DRAFT schedule).
- No electives will be changed. All classes selected during scheduling in February will remain on students' schedules. Students may elect to complete a Schedule Change Request Form after attempting the class for 5 days at the start of the semester.
UPCOMING ACT INFORMATION:
Next ACT Bootcamp dates (each are Saturdays from 10 am - 12 pm):
Next ACT test date:
- Saturday, June 9th
- Registration deadline is May 4th
- Late Registration deadline is May 18th (additional fee applies)
Reminders for ACT test day:
- Arrive no later than 7:55 am
- Bring a calculator (check approved calculator list to make sure your calculator is allowed), pencils, photo I.D., and ACT ticket
- Even if you are a Goshen student, you will not be allowed into the test without a photo I.D.
Go to www.actstudent.org
to register. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch you can qualify for a fee waiver to cover the cost of the test ($62.50 with writing, $46.00 without). See the guidance office for the waiver.
INTERESTED IN DOING AN INTERNSHIP?
Are you interested in doing an internship this fall, spring, or next summer? Goshen High School has teamed up with a wide variety of businesses and organizations in order to allow for our students (juniors and seniors typically) to gain some hands-on experiential learning in a variety of fields including:
o Physician Assistant (Beacon Orthopaedics)
o Physical Therapy (Drayer Physical Therapy)
o Athletic Training (Drayer Physical Therapy)
o Park Naturalist (Clermont County Park District)
o Aviation (U.C. Clermont/Sporty’s Pilot Shop)
o Business (U.C. Clermont Dean’s Office)
o Graphic Design (U.C. Cermont)
o Interior Design (Lopez Studio Group)
o Architecture (Lopez Studio Group)
o Human Resources (HR) (Lykins Energy Solutions)
o Information Technology (IT) (Lykins Energy Solutions)
o Accounting (Lykins Energy Solutions)
o Petroleum Engineering/Fuel Procurement (Lykins Energy Solutions) o Petroleum Transport (Lykins Energy Solutions)
o Marketing (Lykins Energy Solutions)
o Meteorology (National Weather Service)
o Web Development (Primax)
o Software Engineer (Siemens)
**If you are interested in a different area than listed above or have a contact for an internship placement please let us know so we can help you arrange your internship!
If you would like to apply for one of these internships, please complete the Internship application and turn it in to the guidance office by the deadline on the application (deadline date depends on whether you are applying for fall, spring, or summer). The application can be found in the guidance office as well as listed under important forms to the right.
COMMUNITY SERVICE REQUIREMENT:
All students are required to completed 12 hours of community service in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Community service forms must be completed (see link to your right) and submitted to your student's class advisor.
9th Grade - Mrs. Bryant or Mrs. Grimmett
10th Grade - Mrs. Cook or Mrs. Wilder
11th Grade - Mrs. Huening
12th Grade - Mrs. Mantz or Mrs. Royal
Do you need more information on the current requirements for graduation? Please check out the slideshow and the flyer attached below with the current graduation requirements and contact your student's guidance counselor with any further questions!