ARE YOU OR YOUR STUDENT INTERESTED IN ATTENDING ONE OF THE GREAT OAKS CAMPUSES TO PARTICIPATE IN A CAREER PROGRAM?
VISIT THE GREAT OAKS WEBSITE:
- List of career programs offered
- List of campuses and which programs are located at which campus
- Application and application process information
APPLICATION PROCESS & TIMELINE (please see detailed timeline below):
- Dec - a representative from Great Oaks will come out to GHS to do a presentation to all 10th graders regarding the options available at Live Oaks, Scarlet Oaks, or Laurel Oaks
- Jan - interested 10th grade students will go on a field trip to Live Oaks and Scarlet Oaks to visit 2 programs at each campus
- Feb - students must complete the online application at www.greatoaks.com
- March - students receive their acceptance letters or are asked to complete credit recovery plans if necessary
- May 23rd - any accepted student that changes his/her mind about attending the Oaks in the fall MUST provide in writing, prior to the last day of school, a letter from parents stating that they will not be attending. If they do not have a parent contact the guidance counselor of the Oaks career specialist then the student will be required to do a 2 week trial at the start of school.
- Successful completion of the WorkKeys is an essential component in Work Force Readiness. If you will be taking the WorkKeys assessment please use the following link which has practice WorkKeys assessments.