COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE VISITS:
Most local colleges will send a representative to Goshen High School to meet with interested juniors and seniors during Warrior Up bell. See the guidance office for more information!
Juniors and Seniors are allowed several days during their last two years to visit colleges. Students must complete a college visit form at least three days in advance and make arrangements with the college. These forms can be obtained from the guidance office.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE VISIT:
- Make yourself known to the admissions staff
- Spend the night in the dorm if you can
- Talk to current students
- Eat a meal in the cafeteria
- Tour the campus and see all the facilities
- Sit in on a class if possible
- Questions to ask:
- What are the core requirements?
- What percentage of students graduate in four years?
- What security measures are in place on campus?
- What types of housing are available?
- What meal plans are available?
- Are there WI-FI connections in the dorms and throughout the campus?
- What recreational activities are available on campus?
- Are there employment opportunities on campus or close by the campus?
- How many students are typically in each class?
- Is off-campus housing available?
- How do I qualify for financial aid?
- What are the scholarship opportunities available?