COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE VISITS
Most local colleges will send a representative to Goshen High School to meet with interested juniors and seniors. There is a sign up book in the guidance office. Dates, times and colleges will be posted on the electronic message board.
ACT REGISTRATION AND TEST DATES:
TEST DATE REGISTRATION DEADLINE LATE REGISTRATION (ADDITIONAL FEE)
September 9, 2017 August 04, 2017 August 5- 18, 2017
October 28, 2017 September 22, 2017 September 23 –October 6, 2017
December 9, 2017 November 3, 2017 November 4 – 17, 2017
February 10, 2018 January 12, 2018 January 13 – 19, 2018
April 14, 2018 March 9, 2018 March 10 – 23, 2018
June 9, 2018 May 4, 2018 May 5 – 18, 2018
July 14, 2018 June 15, 2018 June 16-22, 2018
Go to www.actstudent.org
to register. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch you can qualify for a fee waiver to cover the cost of the test ($62.50 with writing, $46.00 without). See the guidance office for the waiver.SENIOR TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS
Seniors who have applied to colleges need to contact the Guidance office so that an official transcript can be sent to the college or university. Please do not wait until the last day before the application deadline to let us know
Juniors and Seniors are allowed several days during their last two years to visit colleges. Students must complete a college visit form at least three days in advance and make arrangements with the college. These forms can be obtained from the guidance office.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE VISIT:
- Make yourself known to the admissions staff
- Spend the night in the dorm if you can
- Talk to current students
- Eat a meal in the cafeteria
- Tour the campus and see all the facilities
- Sit in on a class if possible
- Questions to ask:
- What are the core requirements?
- What percentage of students graduate in four years?
- What security measures are in place on campus?
- What types of housing are available?
- What meal plans are available?
- Are there WI-FI connections in the dorms and throughout the campus?
- What recreational activities are available on campus?
- Are there employment opportunities on campus or close by the campus?
- How many students are typically in each class?
- Is off-campus housing available?
- How do I qualify for financial aid?
- What are the scholarship opportunities available?
Add a new comment.
Other Wikis Log In Help